Frasers Property Australia
Creating real employee sustainability engagement.
We helped FPA to engage their operational staff on sustainability and drive real efficiency through the business.
“Staff saw how many planets it takes to operate the company. The simple to understand earth measure makes consumption tangible. All the “stuff” we use adds up and we CAN do something about it!”
– Corporate Sustainability Manager, Australand
15% Footprint Reduction through Staff Engagement
Frasers Property Australia had a well developed approach to sustainability for development projects but wanted a way to engage non-project related employees on sustainability.
- Frasers used our Portfolio / Precinct Calculator to calculate the corporate ecological footprint including all 5 offices.
- The analysis highlighted efficiency opportunities for all areas of operation as well as enabled the “benchmarking” of office footprints against each other.
- Over 35 staff nominated themselves as Sustainability Champions to identify, research and implement sustainable strategies, and the results were monitored and reported over three years.
- A 15% improvement in total footprint was achieved over three years from the initial assessment of 1.6 planets to 1.4 planets. The outcome also contributed a ~2% operating cost saving.
Image Source: Frasers Property