Working together with the experts at creating great places.
Returning to our roots – TFC is supporting Lendlease at Barangaroo, currently the world’s most progressive urban renewal project. Our complete integrated on-line platform is in service helping retailers, building design and operations – the entire precinct – achieve its sustainability leadership.
Our work is continuing across other urban regeneration projects and operational portfolios.
Barangaroo South Retail
Lendlease have set world’s best practice targets including carbon neutral in operation, zero waste and a 20% reduction in carbon footprint of construction materials. Our platform and support is assisting this by:
- Our Interiors Calculator to measure embodied carbon footprints and identification of alternatives to meet the 20% target (over 85 innovative tenancies in 22,000m2 GLA);
- Estimate tenant operating carbon emissions in design, identify where tenants can improve and set mandatory emissions targets for the carbon neutral goal;
- Our Interiors calculator was endorsed by the Green Building Council for the awarding of life cycle credits for materials and energy for the GreenStar goals.
Tenant greenstar ratings are being progressively achieved with some outstanding results including St. George achieving 6 stars for their new retail tenancy.
Image Source: Belinda Rolland
Barangaroo South Whole Precinct Model
Barangaroo is targeted to become Australia’s first large scale carbon neutral community with a commitment to measure and report its total ecological footprint. TFC’s entire application suite has been deployed to Lendlease to achieve this objective.
- Our platform enables Lend Lease to visualise the relative contribution of the elements of the project (buildings, energy, water, transport and waste) to each other and how the whole precinct is on track to perform against their contractual commitments.
- Our Multi-Use Calculator is being use to measure the detailed impact of the major building elements and the contribution of key design innovations pioneered by the Design Group.
Image Source: Lendlease
Brisbane Showground Urban Renewal
Following in the footsteps of Barangaroo – the Urban Regeneration team have expanded the Tenancy sustainability life cycle assessment to the regeneration of the Brisbane Showgrounds.
- Delivering leadership in energy efficiency is good for retail business and can contribute to a material reduction in total occupancy cost.
- The TFC on-line platform increases the efficiency of tenancy assessment and reduces site co-ordination risk via its secure cloud based documentation access system.
- Energy savings of 20% on average have been implemented for new tenants.
Image Source: AFN